Consultant, People & Organizational Culture
ISANS is seeking a Full-time-time Consultant, People & Organizational Culture to work closely with the Associate Director, People & Organizational Culture to efficiently and effectively coordinate the full range of People & Organizational Culture services for all ISANS’ colleagues. Reporting to the Associate Director, People Organizational Culture, this position is responsible for:
• Supporting all ISANS’ colleagues as the first point of contact for standard questions on policies and procedures, ideas to enhance our colleague experience, or general inquiries, including counselling and coaching all levels of colleagues for optimal solutions or outcomes.
• Engaging in recruitment for Supervising Team Leads and Managers in conjunction with Associate Director, POC.
• Creating and facilitating new orientation, onboarding, training, and development sessions, including ongoing enhancements and consistent delivery.
• Supporting ongoing talent assessment and development, including performance management, working collaboratively with Supervising Team Leads, Managers and Associate Director, POC.
• Researching best practices, engaging colleagues, and drafting plans and deliverables for significant projects in People & Organizational Culture to enhance service delivery or colleague experience, including policies, procedures, engagement, training, or development.
• Regular People & Organizational Culture reporting and recommendations to support ISANS’ strategic plan and operational decisions.
• Participating as a member of the ISANS Day Committee, OHS Committee, and other committees or working groups.
• Serving as the back-up or additional support to Coordinator, Payroll & Benefits to maintain HR tracking systems, use ADP for data entry or reports, create template letters, communicate with employees on payroll & benefits questions, and draft applicable policies and procedures for review.
• Serving as the back-up or additional support to Specialist, POC (recruitment, orientation and training) for ISANS’ recruitment and selection processes including arranging for posting of job vacancies, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, organizing criminal record checks, colleague training and general People & Organizational Culture orientation.
• Other duties as requested for the day-to-day efficient and effective delivery of People & Organizational Culture services for ISANS.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following:
• Bachelors Degree or Advanced College Diploma in Human Resources
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted
• CPHR designation and/or professional coaching accreditation is a strong asset
• 5+ year’s progressive experience in the Human Resources field
• Experience working in a diverse and inclusive environment required
• Solid working knowledge of current labour legislation and active usage of Human Resources best practices
• Demonstrated rapport-building and interpersonal skills, including conflict transformation
• Keen sense of curiosity and willingness to explore opportunities from all angles
• Strict confidentiality, high levels of diplomacy, and coaching skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong time management and organization skills, including attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills
• Proficient with MS Office applications, HRIS, and other technologies
• Additional languages an asset
Terms of Employment:
• Fixed-term contract to March 31st, 2020, renewable pending funding confirmation
• Part-time 17.5 hours per week
Commencement Date: April, 2019
Closing Date: Friday April 12th, 2019 – 4 p.m.
To apply: E-mail your resume and cover letter merged into one document to email@example.com, stating in subject line the position you are applying for.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.