Business development manager
Mojeck Resources Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Manager – New Business, to join our team here in Calgary, Alberta. We are currently pursuing expansion opportunities into the international markets, and as part of our growth strategy we are seeking a Manager to grow and Manage our New Business in Africa and the Middle East.
The New Business Manager’s primary role is to find and take advantage of opportunities to grow Mojeck’s Africa & Middle East business expansion strategy, in line with the it’s Business Plan.
The roles objective is focussed on firmly establishing Mojeck’s presence in the new market and winning of new business for Mojeck. The Manager - New Business will also spearhead negotiations and meetings with strategic business targets and partners including financial and client relationship development.
The Primary focus will be the development and management of Mojeck’s prospect portfolio for the new markets, as well as to fully exploit opportunities for the new market, identifying the complementary skillsets/competence/relationships/cost bases which may be advantageous to employ to best position Mojeck to succeed in the new market. The role ensures Mojeck is well positioned to nurture new client relationships.
The Manager – New Business shall report directly to the President/CEO of Mojeck Resources Inc.
• Provide input to develop and deliver effective strategies to gain new business.
• Determine new market entry requirements and developing a clear route map to successful entry.
• Develop, maintain and broaden good business relationship with prospective clients.
• Facilitate client meetings to achieve business objectives and meet client needs.
• Act as an ambassador for collaboration by working with the team members to ensure a structured approach to business growth and market expansion within the region.
• Management of the overall business development and impact the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development results.
• Identify potential JV partners as well as develop and maintain strong relationship with Local Agents and JV partners.
• Spearhead various negotiations on Sales and Supply and ensure delivery on Purchase Agreements entered into.
• Ensure contract terms for supply to the domestic and international markets are maintained.
• Be very familiar with various Government / State policies, as well as develop and maintain strong relationship with Local Clients/Governments.
• Develop a strong relationship with local partners/host communities and maximise combined strengths to ensure a mutually beneficial relationship.
• Manage the Company’s relationship with host Communities.
• Negotiate with stakeholders in host communities to ensure smooth operation of the company and oversee measure put in place to ensure the safety and security of the company’s assets.
• Negotiate community relations agreements with host communities for the delivery of Community Social Responsibility.
• Ensure Compliance with Mojeck’s Ethics Policy and Risk Assessments requirements, while embracing a culture of compliance within the host country and international business circle.
• Develop marketing/presentation materials for delivery to Client/Government organizations.
• Implement country wise strategy required for the success in the country of operations.
• Identify opportunities well ahead of time to enable advanced strategy development and positioning to guarantee first mover advantage in the new market.
This role requires extensive travelling within Africa and the Middle East region.
• Degree qualified in a management subject or equivalent preferred
• Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office tools, Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.
• At least 15 years experience in Oil & Gas (onshore/offshore projects) business development in Africa and Middle East markets.
• Experience in a proposal development role is required.
• Experience in working with an engineering contractor in a senior role is required.
• Strong drive, ambition and entrepreneurial attitude
• The desire and ability to achieve results
• Proven record of business development and management achievements
• Excellent relationship building skills and good contacts in Africa and Middle East oil and gas markets.
• A sound understanding of the oil and gas industry in Africa and Middle East.
• Compliance with company policies, procedures and processes.
• Proficient in use of relevant company Strategy and Development tools and systems.
• Thorough understanding and ability to implement industry best practice
• Good understanding of the commercial drivers in our business.
• At all times act in the interest of Mojeck and in compliance with Mojeck’s Code of Ethics.
Salary: Salary $60.00 / hour for min 30 h/ week
How to apply