Title: Associate Dentist
Terms of employment: Permanent, full time
Salary: $104,055 per year plus additional 40% of collected fees after base pay is accounted for.
Benefits: Eligible for bonuses and/or salary increases. Continuing Education matching amount up to $5,000 per year of signed contract with minimum of 3 years.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Location: Courtenay, BC
Schedule: Includes some evenings and occasional Saturdays
At dentalcorp we enable the best to be even better. We are committed to providing unprecedented strategic insights and expertise that place our Partners and their teams at the forefront of oral care. As an Associate within the dentalcorp network, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the industry’s leading clinicians, while having greater access to the most advanced treatment technologies and training & development.
dentalcorp is committed to our values in everything that we do. Our four key pillars - integrity, innovation, collaboration and excellence define us, inspire us and drive us to make a difference.
dentalcorp is currently looking to hire an Associate Dentist to join a busy and well-established practice. The successful candidate will have a passion for building strong patient relationships and contributing to their ongoing oral health. As an Associate at the practice you will have the opportunity to work alongside a strong team of dental professionals, learn from the principal dentist and have access to online continuing education.
What you will benefit from:
• Mentorship Opportunities
• Access to DC Institute (dcinstitute.ca) for continuing education
• Access to a large network of dental professionals
• Examine patient’s teeth, gums and surrounding tissue to diagnose disease, injury and
• decay and plan appropriate treatment
• Examine x-rays of teeth, gums the jaw and nearby areas for problems
• Place Sealants or whitening agents on teeth
• Write prescriptions for antibiotics or analgesic medications
• Administer anesthetics to keep patients from feeling pain
• Restore, extract and replaced diseased and decayed teeth
• Perform oral surgery, periodontal surgery and other treatments
• Perform root canal treatment
• Clean teeth and instruct patients on oral hygiene
• Design bridge and crown, fit dentures and provide appliances to correct abnormal
• position of the teeth and jaws, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for use
• by denturists and dental technicians
• Straighten teeth to correct bite issues – Clearliners/Invisalign
• Supervise dental hygienists, dental assistants and other staff.
• University degree from a recognized dental program is required
• Provincial license or eligibility is required
• Minimum 1 month to 6 months of dental experience is required
• Elevated treatment planning skills - KOIS trained preferred
• Keen interest in CE and technological advancements
• Patient focused