Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Home child care providers (4411)
NOC Job Title: Child Caregiver - Private Home
4282 Prince Edward Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
V5V 3Y7 Canada
Private household at 28 Avenue & Prince Edward Street located in Vancouver is looking for Caregiver for Children.
Full time position must be flexible to cover shifts, some weekends, hours will vary from day, night and evenings. Overtime may be required.
Work Location: Work in employer's/client's home. Accommodation is available at NO Extra Cost if the caregiver wishes to stay in the home; however, this is NOT a condition of employment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Bath, dress and groom children.
• Maintain an open, friendly and cooperative relationship with the children and family.
• Assist in preparing food for the children and serve meals and refreshments to children and
regulate rest periods.
• Accompany children to and from school, outings and to medical appointments.
• Oversee children into bath and pools.
• Promote children’s emotional and social development, understanding of others and self-actualization.
• Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
• Carry out housekeeping duties: laundry, errands, cleaning, dish washing, and changing
• Keep records of each child, including day by observations and information regarding
activities, meals served and medicine administered.
• Completion of High School is required.
• Previous Experience in the same field and/or Completion of a caregiver program is required.
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English.
How to Apply