Employer: Infinity Glass Group Inc.
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary. Eligible for dental insurance, extended medical insurance.
Salary: $32.75 to $35.00
• Reading blueprints or job orders for glass product specifications: dimensions, tolerances, tooling instructions, fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, sequence of operations, and positioning of tools;
• Setting up, operating and maintaining a variety of machine tools including computer numerical controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planning, drilling, precision grinding, beveling and other operations;
• Ensuring that parts are created in a timely manner according to the schedule provided and according to the quality standards of the organization;
• Verifying dimensions of machined part or tooling using micrometers, verniers, calipers, height gauges, optical comparators, or other specialized measuring instruments;
• Reporting deviations from specifications and tolerances to supervisor;
• Fitting and assembling machined metal parts and subassemblies;
• Assisting with Quality Control;
• Keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment;
• Working in compliance with Safety, Environmental, Quality and Production System; and
• Working in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), regulations, and internal health and safety policies and procedures.
• 1-3 years of experience as a CNC Machinist;
• Apprenticeship Diploma/Certificate in a related field or trade;
• Ability to read and write Italian required to operate the CNC Machine software;
• Strong knowledge of I CAM-CAD for CNC INTERMAC MASTER 35;
• Experience picking up DXF Files;
• Experience in the glass fabrication industry;
• Experience working with glass, irregular shaped glass, railing templates, suction cup positioning, beveling, and accurate order execution; and
• Experience adjusting RPMs and tool selections for a wide range of glass shape and thickness.