Interior Design Technician
Company: Eureka Assembly & Installations Inc. o/a Eureka Assembly
Business information: Eureka Assembly offers a full-service interior installations provider for retailers, designers, decorators, builders, art galleries, corporate offices, or just simply residential clients looking for professional furniture assembly, kitchen installation, furniture delivery and art installation solutions. Our philosophy is simple: ask lots of questions, understand clients’ needs, employ the most experienced and trained labor, and deliver on what is promised, every time! EUREKA!
Business Location: 15 Kensington Ave, Toronto, ON, M5T 2J8
Work Location: Employee works in multiple locations around Toronto, ON
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Estimate cost of projects and prepare detailed specifications
• Work with other disciplines. Work with other trades and disciplines to instruct on site variables and specifics of the work scope
• Create interior spaces that reflect clients' needs and tastes
• Consult with clients to determine needs, preferences, safety requirements and purpose of space
• Advise on selection of colours, finishes and materials, lighting, furniture and other items, taking into account ergonomic and occupational health standards
• Communicate to interior designers and other professionals
• Training other installers on how to perform interior design technician duties
• Delivering projects on deadlines
• Read blueprints. Read and understand blueprints for job specifics
• Understanding and testing wall surfaces prior to installation
• Instruct team members to perform duties under client’s demands
• Design and preparation for installation of equipment
• Checking workspace for safety
• Read, understand and follow elevations to deliver the design request
• Conceptualize layout, consult and design custom gallery walls of art, mirrors for upper echelon clients who demand special handling of their prized possessions
• Work with our art installation team for a consistent and safe art installation
• Handling of client’s art pieces
- Education: College diploma or an associate degree as an interior design technician or a diploma in a related discipline is required.
- Experience: A minimum of three years of experience as an interior design technician.
- Due to the complexity involved in our projects, field interior design technician experience is required for the position.
Computer Experience/Operating Systems and Software
Salary: $27.00 to $28.00 per hour, 40 Hours per week
Benefits: Transportation, uniforms and group lunches
Other: This position will require working 40 hours per week. Work day starts at 8 AM and finishes at 4.00 PM. Some flexibility in schedule may be required to work overtime and on weekends.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 15 Kensington Ave, Toronto, ON, M5T 2J8