|Company Name||Skyehigh Westies|
|Job Location||Caledon Ontario|
|Experience Required||3 years|
(Private Breeding and Show Kennel)
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Skyehigh Westies is looking for a full-time Kennel Manager to join our kennel located in Caledon, Ontario. Established in 1999, Skyehigh Kennel is a private kennel for the breeding and raising of conformation show West Highland White Terriers.
As the Kennel Manager, you will perform the following duties:
• Manage daily activities of the kennel, including overseeing breeding, puppy raising, training, socializing and showing of West Highland White Terriers;
• Assess and monitor kennel operations and procedures to ensure the highest standards and health, safety and quality of the West Highland White Terriers;
• Supervise and train hand stripping from young pup to adult, put Westies into and maintain full show coat to the standard, as per both Canadian Kennel Club breed standard and standard of the West Highland White Terrier Club of Canada;
• Manage advertising activities, respond to professional and public inquiries, promote the kennel and its dogs, and participate in dog shows when necessary;
• Manage the budget, identify purchasing and inventory needs, execute relevant contracts and establish cost-efficient budget control mechanisms inside the kennel;
• Hire, train and oversee breeding specialists and/or assistants if necessary;
The ideal candidate will require the following qualification:
• Over three years of experience in breeding, whelping and raising of West Highland White Terriers;
• Over three years of relevant kennel management experience;
• Over three years of hand stripping of West Highland White Terriers to be in competitive show coat.
• A thorough knowledge of breed structure to work with owner in evaluation of puppies as they develop and to have input to owner of which puppies are of the highest level of quality to be kept in the breeding/show program;
• Very strong knowledge of all health issues related to West Highland White Terriers. Ability to make educated decisions regarding veterinary care and if that care is emergency;
• Over three years conformation showing skills internationally. Must be able to travel to dog shows locally and worldwide. Expertise in the requirements of a dog’s health needs while travelling;
• Thorough knowledge of pedigrees and current breeding stock worldwide as well as a great deal of communication with the owner of Skyehigh to implement breeding program annually;
Regular working hours are 30 hours per week. The renumeration of this position is $51,500 Canadian dollars, per annum, paid bi-weekly.
To apply, please send your resume along with three reference letters from breeders, preferably well-known breeders of West Highland White Terriers to email@example.com or by mail to PO Box 40, Stn. Caledon East, Ontario L7C 2L8