1 Machinist required at JDB Plastic Recycling Inc.
Job location: 1070 Komato Road, Mississauga, ON, L4W 2W5
Salary: $23.50 per hour
Job responsibilities include:
- Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to cut or grind the products manufactured at the corporation including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision
- Plan machining by studying work orders, engineering plans, materials, machining parameters and blueprints
- Make adjustments to the machine to control speed, feed and path of the cut
- Maintain safe environment by following safety procedures and regulations
- Document actions by completing production and quality logs
- Observe machine observation to detect malfunctions and adjust machine controls
- Measure, mark and scribe dimensions and reference points on material for subsequent machining
- Verify conformance of finished work piece to specification, using measuring and inspection tools
- Assemble machine metal parts using hand and power tools
- Set up machine tools for use by machining tool operators
- Perform routine maintenance checks on the machines
Education: completion of post-secondary in trade or industry course in machining or similar field is required.
Work experience: minimum of 1-2 years of experience as a machinist is required
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the position you’re applying for in the subject line.