Recycling Operations Manager
Employer: Quantum Lifecycle Partners LP
Job Position: Recycling Operations Manager
Location: North York, Ontario
Employment Address: 700 Ormont Drive, North York, Ontario
Employment Type: Salary – Full-time Permanent
Hours of work: 40 Hours
Benefits: Health & Dental, Life Insurance, Critical Illness, LTD –Employer pays full cost of benefits with the exception of the LTD benefit. Eligible for bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy.
Salary: $75,000 CAD to $95,000 CAD
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
• Financial aptitude combined with production / electronic waste operational experience mandatory
• Be a self starter / demonstrate a high sense of urgency
• Excellent organization skills
• Detail oriented
• Proven leadership skills, particularly change management, consistently delivering great performance, and leading people for success
• High level of mechanical and technical aptitude
• Demonstrated familiarity with health, safety, environmental and employment legislation required
• Advanced experience supervising employees and motivating teams to achieve objectives
• Strong inclination towards using management systems (ISO 9001, 14001, 45001)
• Team player
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities, effectively prioritize, and manage time
• Ability to transfer change management knowledge and skills effectively
• Successful development of training programs in Lean process management
• Communicate to all relevant stakeholders in a clear and timely manner.
• Ensure that there is relevant daily, weekly and monthly communications to all plant associates.
Job Specific Functions
• Overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of production processes, equipment and tools, including ensuring required inspections, preventative maintenance and housekeeping are achieved and maintained at required standards
• Conduct reverse product costing analysis by conducting time value analysis on different material types.
• Stay up to date on all downstream vendors.
• Stay current with relevant commodity values.
• Manage (with a view to minimizing) the processing, consumables and maintenance costs of the operation.
• Maximize the net commodity value of items.
• Understanding the purchase cost of material and realizable sales value of materials.
• Develop tools to determine product items values based upon changing commodity pricing values.
• Understand the production process cycle and evaluate the cost implications with in regards to logistics and material processing and product handling.
• Work with the Human Resources to assist with the administration of progressive discipline in a fair and consistent manner, and attend employee discipline meetings as required
• Work with Human Resources in the recruitment and selection process for Internal and external recruiting, participate in interviews and the selection process as per company policy.
• Develop, implement and maintain financial metrics for different areas of the operation including KPI’s relating to capacity utilization, process efficiencies, labour effectiveness and waste.
• Track metrics and improve our material handling processes.
• Help to develop operational budgets.
• Control expenditures for allocated process improvement budgets.
• Analyze and develop reports related to operational requirements.
• Ensure all items are graded appropriately with a view to maximizing the net realizable value.
• Support the trading functions of the business with a view to freeing up traders to not focus on operational matters.
• Provide the Leadership Team and Operations Management Team with relevant reporting regarding goals, targets, plans and results.
• Initiate, lead and facilitate successful Kaizen events / Continuous Improvement events/ Lean events
• Instill Management system principles ie: Continuous Improvement, Kaizen, Six Sigma etc…
• Drive and provide feedback for internal best practices for processing / sorting.
• Develop and participate in various auditing at all levels of the organization; make recommendations and drive to implement sustainable solutions.
• Drive reduction in targeted waste streams.
• Track root cause problem solving to permanently address issues on the production lines and sorting areas.
• Ensure the plant layout is optimized, defined and communicated to all relevant persons, including sufficient space allocated for each process in the de-manufacturing system.
• Ensure all areas of the operation have documented procedures that outline standard operation procedures and that all associates are training and operate according to these operating procedures.
• Developing a lean process training programme from initial concept through to design and development.
• Support and coach operations team members.
• Stay in loop with industry changes, new technology, equipment, systems and procedures as they relate to improving the operations.
• Keep up to date on various mechanical recycling technologies.
• Help to build our business around solving our customer’s problems and adding value to their operations.
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of the facility
• Plan, organize and direct administrative services such as signage, cleaning, maintenance, parking, safety inspections, security, lawn maintenance and snow removal
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects to modify facility
• Oversee the installation, maintenance and repair of infrastructures including machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems
• Plan and manage the facility’s operations budget including maintenance
• Prepare and oversee the preparation of reports and statistics
• Hire and oversee training and supervision of staff.
• 3-5 years minimum operational experience in a continuous improvement role
• 3-5 Years minimum experience in financial reporting
• 3-5 years of management/supervisory experience
• Degree OR diploma in a related field
• Experience managing capital assets