Stone Setter Helper
Atlas Stone Products, located at 3153 Thunderbird Crescent, Burnaby, B.C., V5A 3G1 (see www.atlasstone.ca) has a vacancy for a Stone Setter Helper. We are the market leaders in the custom fabrication of natural stone. We have been supplying natural stone to the Vancouver area for over 30 years. We have a well-established international purchasing network, and our client base ranges from Seattle to Prince George to Saskatoon. We follow design trends and make sure the latest news in the stone world is available to our customers. Our 35,000 square foot fabrication plant has the latest tools, technology and machinery to effectively process natural and quartz engineered stone.
Our products include, kitchen countertops, bathroom counters and vanities, tub and shower surrounds, tabletops, stairs, fireplace surrounds, custom cut floor tiles, cladding, bar tops, reception desks, custom landscaping elements and many more.
Company legal and operating name
Atlas Stone Products Ltd.
3153 Thunderbird Crescent, Burnaby, B.C., V5A 3G1
Title of position
Stone Setter Helper (NOC 7611)
• Transport materials, tools, or machines to installation sites, manually or using conveyance equipment.
• Provide assistance in the preparation, installation, repair, or rebuilding of tile, brick, or stone surfaces. (Includes drilling and bracketing with precision)
• Mix mortar, plaster, and grout, manually or using machines, according to standard of formulas.
• Arrange or store materials, machines, tools, or equipment.
• Locate and supply materials to masons for installation, following drawings or numbered sequences.
• Move or position materials such as cut to size stone panels.
Terms of employment
Indeterminate (permanent), full-time (40 hours/week)
Expected Employment Start Date: as soon as possible
4% vacation pay
Location of work
3153 Thunderbird Crescent, Burnaby, B.C., V5A 3G1 and various locations in Metro Vancouver and Lower Mainland.
• Ability to work with a variety of hand tools (angle grinder, wet saw, drills, mixer)
• Applicants will require their own transportation.
• Strong work ethic
• Must be able to lift objects 50lbs or heavier
• Ability to work within a team
• Safety gear (hard hat, steel toe boots, high visibility vest etc.)
• Forklift certificate is desirable.
Education: No special education required.
Work Experience: Some experience working in construction is desirable.
Spoken and written English required.
If you are interested in the position and meet all of its criteria, please send your resume to Michael@atlasstone.ca or fax it to 604.435.4266 with a letter of introduction. Please only apply if you care about providing good quality work.