Are you having a hard time finding gainful employment in the city as an RPHT?
Are you having a hard time finding gainful employment in the city?
Depending on your level of experience, you could earn between 22 and 25 dollars per hour, which is something you’ll want to act on fast considering the highly competitive job market in Edmonton.
We’re hiring a Registered Pharmacy Technician to coverage maternity leave in our client’s pharmacy located in rural Alberta. This pharmacy is a 1 hour and 45 minute drive away from Edmonton. This locum job involves working in the local pharmacy for a 1-year term!
Starting this September, qualified pharmacy technicians in and around Edmonton will be able to work in a small-town pharmacy and make a difference in the local area. If you’ve been renting and are in between leases, this could be a great way to reduce your costs momentarily and save up some extra money.
What To Expect:
• Your working hours will be from 9 AM to 5 PM, from Monday to Friday.
• Your primary responsibility will be to check maintenance drug prescriptions, procuring the drugs from the pharmacy’s inventory.
• You will be checking for the accuracy of prescription scripts, relative to any other drugs that patients may be taking.
• You may be required to package, label, and cash out prescriptions purchases for customers.
The Skills You Will Need:
• You must have completed the process to register as a Pharmacy Technician in the province of British Columbia.
• This includes taking the Jurisprudence Exam, taking Structured Practical Training, and completing a Criminal Background Check within the last five years.
• You need to be a graduate of an accredited regulated pharmacy technician program from a post-secondary academic institution.
• You need to have at least 1 year of experience in a retail pharmacy setting (for example, past work as a pharmacy assistant).
• You need to be able to use the Kroll pharmacy software platform effectively.
• This pharmacy does not experience a high volume of methadone patients, but methadone certification would be an asset.
This pharmacy is not too far away from the city, allowing the successful applicant to more easily gain experience, away from the competition of cities like Edmonton and Calgary.
To apply for this opportunity, send me your CV and cover letter TODAY!
1-866-505-3383 Ext #317