Copy Editor - NOC 5122
|Company Name||Black and White Zebra Industries Inc.|
We’re looking for a Copy Editor to join our growing team at Black & White Zebra. We are an indie media publishing company that makes serious digital stuff fun. Our work empowers enjoyable learning that develops best practice through articles, community, training, and events. We develop exceptional content and training for project managers.
The role requires researching topics of interest and developing and executing an editorial strategy for publication. Responsibilities include content strategy and management.
Employer Name: Black and White Zebra Industries Inc.
Location of Work: In-Office with occasional remote work, Office address: 228 W 5th Ave #2, Vancouver, BC V5Y 1J4
Title of Position: Copy Editor NOC 5122
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
Main Job Duties:
• Research topics on project management and create briefs for writers
• Read and edit copy for grammar and format
• Edit copy for strategic alignment with content goals and guide the creation of accompanying graphics and charts
• Confer with writers and guest contributors regarding revisions to the articles
• Edit and oversee the production of material for marketing initiatives
• Plan and oversee the editorial calendar, coordinating the schedule and activities of contributing writers to ensure deadlines and publishing standards are met
• Provide resources to writers, respond to their questions, and manage the content workflow
• Monitor and assess the impact of published content (webpages, blogs, ebooks, emails, advertising copy, etc)
• Proofread and edit copy for strategic alignment in additional languages (Spanish)
• Native English speaker and writer
• Minimum 3 years in copy-editing position or similar role
• Organizational or community leadership experience demonstrating an ability to coordinate the work of others
• Passion for all things digital
• Bachelor’s degree (specialization in English, Journalism, PR, or Marketing preferred)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven track record writing for an audience of project managers
• Certificate in Project Management or Digital Project Management preferred
• Fluency in Spanish preferred (we have a Spanish version of the site)
• Preferred experience or certification in education or developing curriculums. This is an asset because a lot of the content you’ll copy-edit is educational/instructional in nature.
• Preferred experience in ecommerce and online marketing a plus, because it will help inform your editorial strategy as a copy editor.
Wage: $52,832 per year
Number of Hours: 40 hours per week plus overtime when necessary.
To apply Contact: email@example.com