|Company Name||Yummy Market|
Founded in 2002 by a European family, Yummy Market set out to bring familiar and traditional tastes to the growing number of Eastern Europeans living in the Toronto North York neighborhood. Today, Yummy Market’s world food assortment grew to become the largest in the GTA. In a true European tradition, our passion for wholesome, made from scratch foods is the driving force behind everything we make in-store. We continue delivering on our promise of reuniting traditional flavours and stocking our shelves with affordable familiar and novelty items.
At this time, we are looking for an experienced Bread Baker to prepare traditional and fusion-style breads for a full-time permanent position. The successful candidates must be very knowledgeable in different European-inspired bread, as well as be experienced working with different ingredients.
A person in this role must be very organized and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment. You must also be able to give orders within your section to supervise kitchen helpers, as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to you by management.
As Bread Baker, you will perform the following duties:
• Prepare and bake European and fusion-style bread recipes;
• Assist management in cultivating current bread menu and ensure that entry of new breads coincide with current offerings;
• Prepare, mix, bake, and design specialty breads based on recipes approved by management;
• Use and operate industrial mixing and blending machines;
• Ensure that all bakery items are of high-quality and are consistent and precise;
• Manage storage and rotation of food items, especially those with short shelf-life;
• Train all other kitchen staff on how to properly prepare ingredients specifically for Mediterranean-inspired breads
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• At least 2 years of experience as Bread Baker in commercial dining/catering establishment
• Thorough knowledge of European breads and biscuits
• Experience working with wide variety of ingredients
• Experience with Gluten-free ingredients
• Must be able to speak English to communicate with other staff members and have enough reading knowledge to understand menu and special orders,
• Completion of secondary diploma
• Work/business location address: PLEASE INDICATE LOCATION OF WORK
Compensation: $15.50/hour for 40 hour work week. Overtime rate of $23.25 will apply after 44 hours of work per week. Full-time permanent position with medical and dental benefits.
Overtime may be occasionally required and will be paid accordingly. Be ready to work shifts, which include evenings and occasional weekends and some holidays (appropriate pay rates will apply).
In addition, we offer our team members: flexible work hours, an employee discount on the vast and unique product assortment in our stores and corporate gym membership discounts; a comprehensive medical and dental benefits package for staff and their families; regular feedback through annual performance reviews; the opportunity to build a career and monthly Employee Recognition incentives!
We believe in employees who are engaged and strive to learn more in their daily job. We seek out employees who can adapt quickly, think on their feet, willingly and competently perform duties often above and beyond.
Does this sound like you?
Please apply with your resume through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your resumes to our business location address (as above), attention: Human Resources. Candidates suitable for this position will be contacted for an in-person interview. Please do not contact us directly.
Please visit our website at http://yummymarket.com/ to know more about our menu products.