|Company Name||Purple Tulip Events & catering Inc|
|Experience Required||2-3 Yr|
|Recruiters May Contact||Yes|
Education: Apprenticeship Program or related College education is preferred
Experience: Relevant Experience in the field required, Experience in Indian Traditional Cuisine is mandatory. Continental cuisine experience would be an asset.
Number of openings: 3 (Executive/Sous Chef)
Wage: $ 16.5/hr
Language: Proficiency in English is required.
• Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities
• Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
• Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
• Estimate food requirements and may estimate food and labour costs
• Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
• Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
• Recruit and hire staff
• May prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions.
• Supervise activities of specialist chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
• May plan menus and requisition food and kitchen supplies
• May prepare and cook meals or specialty foods.
• Prepare and cook complete meals or specialty foods, such as pastries, sauces, soups, salads, vegetables and meat, poultry and fish dishes, and create decorative food displays for special events
• Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
• Create new recipes
• Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
• May plan menus
• May requisition food and kitchen supplies.
Work setting: The candidate should be available to work full time in the day or evening or on weekends, if required.
Job Environment: Restaurant / Party Banquet/ Catering
Job Location: Unit 106- 8140, 120 Street, Surrey, V3W 3N3
Please send resume as specified below:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail : Unit 106- 8140, 120 Street, Surrey, V3W 3N3
• Airfare will be provided if worker needs to relocate
• Assistance locating affordable housing if necessary
• Medical coverage provided until eligibility