Chef de Cuisine
Position: Chef de Cuisine
Company: Patois Restaurant
Location: 794 Dundas Street W
Toronto, ON M6J 1V1
Patois Restaurant is an Asian-Caribbean fusion restaurant looking for an experienced Chef de Cuisine to start immediately. The individual will be responsible for overseeing all back of house operations, including independently managing 6 kitchen staff.
Main responsibilities and duties of the position include:
• Planning and directing the preparation of Asian-Caribbean fusion cuisine;
• Coordinating menu planning activities such as product and recipe testing;
• Developing recipes and portion specifications based on established procedures, ease of preparation, and budgetary requirements;
• Recruiting, hiring, and training kitchen staff on proper kitchen procedures;
• Supervising kitchen staff to ensure high quality food preparation in accordance with menus and procedure;
• Managing the staff work and cleaning schedules;
• Taking inventory and estimating food requirements in a way that minimizes food waste;
• Ordering all ingredients and kitchen supplies as needed;
• Sourcing new ingredients;
• Responding to customer comments and complaints;
• Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations; and
• Communicating regularly with the restaurant owner.
Specialized skills and qualifications required for this position:
• Extensive experience cooking Caribbean cuisine;
• Experience cooking Asian cuisine;
• Experience planning menus;
• Experience creating new dishes;
• Experience operating a rotisserie chicken machine; and
• Experience in an active management role overseeing staff.
This is a permanent full-time position (44 hours/week) with an annual salary of $50,000.00 plus gratuities and health and dental benefits. The language of work will be English.
To apply please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. Please provide your resume and a minimum of 2 references upon submission. Applicants who do not submit a resume will not be considered.