Chef de partie
Job Title: Chef de partie
Business Name: The Distillery Restaurants Corp.
Business Address: Toronto, Ontario (Various Restaurants in Distillery District)
Terms of Employment:
- Start Date: As Soon as Possible
- Permanent, Full-time Position (44 hours/week)
- Language: English
- Wage $18/hour
- Benefits: Tips
- Location of Work: Toronto, Ontario
- Employment Conditions: Day, Evening, Night, Overtime
- Work Conditions: Heavy lifting (up to 30 lbs), standing for extended periods, physically demanding, fast-paced environment
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience as a cook
- Must have Food Handlers Certificate
- Completion of High School
The Chef de partie will assist the Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef in the daily operation and planning of the kitchen. This is a junior management role where the chef de partie will assist with implementing, maintaining and improving new and present standards and policies according to the Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef of their restaurant/department. The Chef de partie must maintain a safe, sanitary and hygienic work environment. The Chef de partie may work at multiple restaurants under the Distillery Restaurant Corp.
- Assist the Sous Chef in maintaining established standards for all catering and restaurants.
- Assist the Sous Chef with the implementation of new objectives as set out by the Chef de Cuisine.
- Support product and recipe development.
- Assist with costing and maintaining a profitable and efficiently-run kitchen.
- Assist the Sous Chef with ordering and advise the Sous chef of inventory levels.
- Assist the Sous Chef in maintaining a kitchen according to health and safety regulations.
- Train other kitchen staff members on safety, hygiene and sanitation training when needed.
- Ensure proper handling of equipment and utensils and train kitchen staff accordingly.
- Ensure specified orders are completed according to requested time and day.
- Coordinate ordering, mise-en-place and delegation of production.
- Ensure fresh produce and dry store items rotated daily.
- Work with First Cooks to ensure smooth operations and that all food quality standards are met.
- Assist in training of other kitchen staff.
- Take over all responsibilities of the Jr Sous Chef when the Jr Sous Chef is absent.
- Assist line cooks with cooking advice and recommendations as necessary.
- May be assigned other kitchen duties as needed or as assigned by management.
- Prepare a variety of dishes from a broad range of world cuisines.
- Prepare a variety of seafood dishes.
Members of traditionally underrepresented groups, including but not limited to youth, seniors, newcomers, persons with disabilities and Indigenous persons are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: email@example.com