Cook - Chinese Northeastern Cuisine.
|Company Name||Harbin Red Sausage Inc|
Harbin Red Sausage Inc. is a Chinese restaurant located in Surrey, BC. The restaurant serves authentic cuisine from the Northeastern part of China. The restaurant is famous for its Harbin red sausage, cured and smoked meats, cold dishes, as well as authentic Northeastern snacks. As we are the only restaurants to sell authentic red sausages, we’ve become increasingly popular as we have customers coming in from all over lower-mainland. As the result of ever-increasing business, we are looking for a full-time cook specializing in Chinese Northeastern Cuisine to join the restaurant.
As a cook, one is required to complete the following tasks
• Responsible for making signature red sausage and other meats to ensure it is available to customer on a daily basis.
• Prepare ingredients before cooking including butchering meat, curing meat fat, cleaning and chopping vegetables etc.
• Inspect quality and quantity of ingredients upon delivery. Ensure ingredients are stored according to food safety standards.
• Work with the head chef to expand the restaurant current menu, develop new dishes and modify dishes to accommodate the taste palate for local customers
• Organize and maintain the cleanliness of all refrigerators, freezers, food storage areas including proper rotation, labeling and dating of products
• Cleans and sanitizes the work area before, during and after shift
• Operate customized sausage equipment safely and efficiently. Report needed maintenance and repair in a timely manner.
• Supervise other kitchen helpers as needed.
Highlight of qualification:
• High School Graduation
• Relevant culinary education or previous work experience in similar position is required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrate job commitment, accountable, reliable
• Possesses a northeastern taste pallet and or knowledge of northeastern cuisine is preferred.
• A good team player, able to collaborate with and assist other employees
• Ability to work early/late shifts, as well as weekends
Salary: $17.00 / hour
Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time 40 hours / week
Work Location: Unit 100, 1647 140 St, Surrey, BC, V4A 4H1
Start date: As soon as possible Employment conditions: Day, Evening, Weekend Employer covers the relocation costs
All interested applicants, please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org