Creative Inspiring & Innovative Kosher catering in Toronto
TSM Foods Inc. is a private catering company in Toronto, specializing in the provision of fully kosher catering for corporate events, weddings, and family celebrations. Our kosher kitchen prepares fresh food ready for service at any Toronto event.
At this time, we are looking to hire reliable and professional 2 Cooks to join our team for a full-time, permanent position.
Duties of the position:
• Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
• Ensuring the kitchen is fully prepped for service (e.g. cutting ingredients, preparing sauces, marinating, etc.)
• Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
• Oversee kitchen operations
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
• Clean kitchen and work area
• Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
• Hire and train kitchen staff.
• Pay for this position is $15.50 per hour
• Regular work week will consist of minimum 40 hours of work per week (applicable overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week)
• Main location of work: 2100 Steeles Avenue West, Concord, ON, L4K 2V1
• Be ready to work shifts consisting of mornings, afternoons and evenings.
Requirements of position:
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a Cook role in food service is required.
• Must be able to speak basic English to communicate with other staff members and vendors.
• Knowledge of Kosher rules and dietary restrictions is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain effective, positive working relationships with a diverse group of individuals at all levels.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills; ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and be able to meet team objectives.
• Able to work well under pressure.
How to apply: Please apply with your resume through email email@example.com. Candidates suitable for position will be contacted for an in-person interview. Please do not contact the employer directly.
Thank you for your interest in this position.