First Cook (Miki's Sushi)
Miki’s Sushi is looking for an experienced First Cook to join the team.
Position: First Cook (Permanent)
Employer: MH Restaurant LTD. o/a Miki’s Sushi
Working Address: F-80 Westgate Rd, Campbell River, BC, V9W 1R2, Canada
Wage: $22.00 to $24.00 / hour (To be negotiated) (Overtime pay to be paid at 1.5 regular wage after 8 hrs/day and after 40 hrs/week.
Working Hours: 40 hours/wk (full-time)
Benefits: 10 days paid vacation or 4 % vacation fee
- Cook and prepare sushi, sashimi, individual dishes, and other Japanese dishes,
- Determine and plan menu items, portion sizes, and how food should be presented,
- Estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment,
- Order supplies and equipment,
- Manage kitchen operations, inspect kitchens and food service areas, and uphold and maintain food safety, high standards of sanitation and cleanliness,
- Train and supervise kitchen staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food,
- Maintain, recruit, and hire kitchen staff.
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3-12 months to less or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of experience in commercial kitchen required.
- Ability to communicate in English is required.
Anyone interested in this job position, please send us your resume by email at email@example.com
Please Do NOT call or email us regarding the job posting, only selected candidate will be contacted.