Food service supervisor
|Company Name||Gah Lok Dim Sum Ltd.|
|Position||Food service supervisor|
|Experience Required||2 years|
|Education Required||High School|
|Persons With Disabilities||Yes|
Position: Food service supervisor (NOC 6311)
Employer: Gah Lok Dim Sum Ltd.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000 per year
Hours: 40 hours per week
COVID-19 considerations: Masks required, social distancing.
Work Location: 5-12760 Bathgate Way, Richmond, BC. V6X 1Z4
Opened in 1986, Gah Lok Dim Sum LTD was originally named Happy Family Dim Sum. Based in Vancouver, we were the very first manufacturer of frozen dim sum in British Columbia. All our dumplings have always been and continue to be wrapped by hand. Our products are widely used by restaurants, hotels and catering companies. We are looking for a full-time food service supervisor.
• Be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
• Be able to plan products list, ensure quality of food and determine size of food proportions.
• Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of staff who prepare and portion food
• Estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order ingredients
• Inspect kitchen and food service areas,
• Order supplies and equipment, maintain inventory and records of stocks, repairs, sales and wastage
• Ensure equipment and work areas are properly cleaned to ensure a safe, and sanitary work environment
• Other duties assigned by the management.
Minimum Required Qualifications Education and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years of related work experience
• Completion of high school
• Be familiar with Dim Sum products, such as dumplings, Wontons, Pot stickers etc.
• Be able to work in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, standing for extended periods, some overtime required, physically demanding and pays attention to details.
• Be dependable, client focus, initiative, team player, good judgement, flexible, reliable and organized.
• Team player with effective interpersonal skills
• Chinese cuisine cooking certificate is an asset.
Job is open for: Students, Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Arm forces, Visible minority, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, Newcomers to Canada and Seniors.
Should this position be of interest please email a cover letter and a current resume.
How to apply: If you are interested in this position, please send your resume at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ABSOLUTELY NO WALK-INS OR TELEPHONE CALLS WILL BE CONSIDERED AND ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY BY EMAIL.