Senior Sous Chef
Quattro Restaurant is seeking a Senior Sous Chef for their busy restaurant located in Whistler, British Columbia.
• Supervise and direct cooks, chefs and kitchen helpers;
• Lead the culinary team in coaching and training for chefs, including teaching how to use equipment and demonstrating cooking techniques;
• Plan menus, determine sizes of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs.
• Create new menu items and ensure consistency for all cooks and chefs;
• Maintain inventory of food, supplies and equipment, and order supplies food items as required;
• Assist the executive chef in daily and weekly objectives;
• Prepare and cook complete meals and individual dishes according to recipes or personal judgment;
• Ensure all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality.
• Communicate effectively with others including front of house and Kitchen
• Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
• Wage: $67,600 per annum + gratuities;
• Benefits include extended medical with dental and eye coverage
• Full-time, permanent position;
• Business address and work location: 4319 Main Street, Whistler, British Columbia, V8E 1B1;
• Salaried position, 40 hours per week;
• 10 days vacation per year;
• Language of Work: English
At least 2 years of previous experience as a sous chef is required.
Interested applicants can submit their resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (604) 938-1856. Please no drop ins or phone calls.