Sous Chef-Modern Mediterranean Cuisine
The Elm Tree restaurant is a family-run restaurant that uses only high quality ingredients to create modern Mediterranean-style dishes to deliver a unique and memorable dining experience. Our restaurant provides guests with exceptional food at accommodating prices. Our staff are knowledgeable and attentive, providing 5 star service in a casual and comfortable venue. Guests are encouraged to relax and enjoy the atmosphere, and to try dishes that are unique to our menu.
At this time, our restaurant is looking to hire 2 (two) experienced Sous Chefs specializing in Modern-Mediterranean cuisine to join our professional Kitchen Team for a full-time, permanent position.
Duties of position include:
· Assist in planning menu in accordance with consumer tastes as well as raw ingredient prices,
· Assist in estimating food requirements and maintaining food inventory for upcoming week (ensure deliveries are completed to
· Ensure the kitchen is fully prepped for service (e.g. cutting ingredients, preparing sauces, marinating, etc.)
· Under the supervision of Head Chef, design and prepare authentic full-course Mediterranean dishes using superior culinary expertise
· In the absence of Head Chef, instruct, lead, and supervise cooks and kitchen helpers in garnishing and presenting dishes,
· Train cooks on new cooking techniques specific to certain dishes (e.g. searing, breading, whisking, etc.) and ensuring all culinary basics
· Maintain safe, secure and healthy work environment by enforcing and following standards and procedures,
· Assist in determining size of portions to ensure consistency on dining tables,
· Discuss/advise guests in regards to their special occasion banquet menu (Sunday wedding, birthday parties, anniversaries)
Pay for this position ranges between $17.00 per hour depending on amount of experience and type of education. Regular work week will consist of minimum 40 hours of work per week and can occasionally go up to 45 hours per week with special events (applicable overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week). Be ready to work shifts consisting of mornings, afternoons and evenings.
Requirements of position:
· At least 2 years of experience as a Sous Chef (not cook) specializing in Mediterranean Cuisine and supervising staff in an upscale
restaurant/banquet hall atmosphere,
· Must be able to speak English fluently to communicate with other staff members and have enough reading knowledge to understand
· Completion of secondary school is a must,
· Culinary/Cooking trade certification/diplomas are assets,
· Safe Food handling certificates, WHMIS and CPR certifications are assets,
· Must be able to demonstrate culinary abilities upon first interview, if requested.
To see the restaurant atmosphere, please visit: http:// http://www.theelmtree.ca/. Elm Tree is located at 43 Elm Street, Toronto, ON, M5G 1H1. Hours of operation: Monday – Sunday 11:00am - 10:00pm
How to apply: Please apply with your resume or mail your resumes to our business location address (as above) or email it to email@example.com.
Candidates suitable for position will be contacted for an in-person interview. Please do not contact the employer directly.
Thank you for your interest in this position.