The Franworks Group – NOW HIRING Two Kitchen Managers for Original Joe’s Cold Lake!
|Company Name||OJ’s Cold Lake Inc. o/a Original Joe’s Cold Lake|
|Salary||$17.00 - $18.50/hour|
|Experience Required||1 – 2 Years Culinary experience with a minimum of One (1) year in Kitchen Management (Preferred), or a combination of relevant education and experience are required.|
|Education Required||Completion of secondary school is required.|
|Persons With Disabilities||Yes|
We are looking for FUN, ENERGETIC and EXPERIENCED individuals in search of a challenging and rewarding career in the Food Services and Hospitality Industry in an exciting and family-oriented work environment that offers competitive wages and room for professional growth.
Here at Franworks we are passionate about providing our guests with amazing food with a superior dining experience each time they visit one of our establishments.
Company Operating Name: OJ’s Cold Lake Inc. o/a Original Joe’s Cold Lake
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Business Address – Location of Work: 5302 50th Avenue, Cold Lake, Alberta, T9M 1P2
Position Title: Kitchen Manager
Available Positions: Two
Terms of Employment:
• Permanent position – Full-time,
• Morning, day, evening, nights, and weekends – Shift Work,
• Wage: $17.00 - $18.50/hour for 35 - 40 hours per week.
Responsibilities / Main Duties:
• Champion all brand standards, policies, procedures, and best practices in kitchen operations
• Recruit and retain "A" players for all kitchen positions in the restaurant with the assistance of the management team
• Create and/or maintain a positive culture of learning, recognition, doing things right and guest satisfaction
• Conduct and/or monitor thorough opening, changeover, revenue and closing walkthroughs during shifts readiness, adherence to spec, operational standards, food safety and the security of food inventory
• Instill safety, cleanliness, hygiene, and sanitation awareness best practices in the kitchen
• Ensure the training, certification and adherence to all food safety standards and regulations for all kitchen team members
• Conducts kitchen orientations and committed to the training paths for team development in all kitchen positions
• Provide guidance, coaching, and training to the kitchen team resulting in team depth and the development of candidates for future AKM and KM positions
• Assume responsibility for staffing, scheduling, labour and all Human Resources management including the evaluations and wage recommendations for the kitchen team
• Participate in weekly manager meetings providing feedback on team members for performance reviews, coaching, training, disciplinary actions, terminations and all the appropriate accompanying documentation
• Assume responsibility for the accuracy of all financial information and reporting (food inventory, kitchen tips, kitchen labour)
• Assume complete responsibility for food cost - conduct accurate inventory counts, proper ordering and receiving, calculating costs, managing waste, developing corrective actions plans with reporting schedules and timelines
• Assume complete responsibility for Kitchen labour costs - develop weekly labour forecasts, prepare schedules accurately to ensure guest satisfaction, profitability, and team morale on a weekly basis
• Coordinate and oversee the execution of effective cleaning schedules and repair and preventative maintenance programs for the entire facility and the equipment within it
• Establish operational priorities, facilitate implementation, and delegate responsibilities to Assistant Managers and Supervisors when and where appropriate with effective follow-up
• Participate actively in the daily operations of the kitchen, with appropriate balance in revenue periods and days of the week – be directly involved in food production
• Complete additional duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Regional Kitchen Manager
• Always ensure that all responsibilities listed on the Back of House Key Accountabilities Poster, and personally performed or delegated to qualified and trained personnel
Skill / Experience Requirements:
• 1 – 2 Years Culinary experience with a minimum of One (1) year in Kitchen Management (Preferred), or a combination of relevant education and experience are required.
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• Completion of a community college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline would be an asset.
• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to adapt to new situations.
• A strong sense of employee morale and engagement, and you must be able to work on any issue that arises.
• An understand of an inventory control system.
• Strong with on line and prep cooking.
• The capability to oversee a large staff and manage all situations, accordingly, keeping our core values and ideologies in mind.
• A good attitude and the ability to work with a dynamic management team, with a strong desire to help grow the business.
• Team Environment
• Standing for long periods of time
• Heavy lifting – up to 50lbs
• Use of potentially dangerous kitchen equipment and training is required
• Use of chemicals on a daily basis.
When applying for this position, please use Reference# OJCLKM2