Cook - Riley's
We are currently seeking 5 permanent full time cooks for Coast Restaurants Ltd (DBA Riley’s at 200 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC). The opportunity to grow and learn new skills in this position is excellent, as is cross training in various types of cuisine. Training may take place at alternate location.
• Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and features
• Collaborate with the chefs and cooks to prepare meals during our service hours
• Maintain accurate food inventories
• Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
• Rotate stock items as per established procedures
• Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts
• Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift
• Follow appropriate safe food handling standards and plating guide specifications
• Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment
• FOODSAFE or equivalent certified (within 2 weeks of employment)
• Registration in an apprenticeship program is an asset or Red Seal certified
• 2-3 years minimum experience in a similar environment
• Must possess a passion for food and developing knowledge of all cooking methods
• Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through as necessary
• Capacity to work well under pressure, meeting production schedules and timelines for service periods
• Ability to communicate in English
• Wage $18-$24 per hour pending experience
• Possible discretionary bonus
• Extended Group benefits and dental insurance after 6 months
If you believe you are the person we are seeking, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org noting Riley’s Cook the subject line.
Thank you in advance for your interest in joining the team, but please note only successful candidates will be contacted.