Meat cutter - retail or wholesale
1902582 Alberta LTD. o/a Britton's Your Independent Grocer
• Location: Lac La Biche, AB
• Salary: $19.96 / hour
• Vacancies: 3 vacancies
• Employment groups: Students, Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Apprentices
• Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time 32 hours/week
• Start date: As soon as possible
• Employment conditions: On-call, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours, to be determined
• Employer covers the relocation costs
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
Experience: 7 months to less than 1 year
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Fast-paced environment, standing for extended periods, Attention to detail, physically demanding, Handling heavy loads, Hand-eye co-ordination
Work Location Information: Relocation costs are covered by the employer
Work Site Environment: Odours, Cold/refrigerated
Personal Suitability: Team player, Reliability, Organized, Judgement, Flexibility, Client focus, Effective interpersonal skills, Initiative, Dependability, Accurate
Additional Skills: Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting, Wrap and package prepared meats, Weigh meats for sale, Price meat products, Sell meats to customers, Supervise other butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers, Train meat cutters
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Band saw, slicing machine, Sausage machine, Manual cutting utensil, Power grinder
Cut carcasses, sides, and quarters, Cut, trim, and prepare standard cuts of meat, remove bones from meat, Cut poultry into parts, Grind meats, Make special sausages, Prepare special orders, Prepare special displays of meats, poultry, and fish products, Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats, poultry and seafood
Supermarket and meat department
How to apply
Lac La Biche, AB
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
• You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
• You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.