Retail Space Planning Consultant
Elite Beauty is a licensed wholesaler of Royale Canada products. We specialize in providing a European brand of styling products to the Canadian consumers. Our hair accessories products combine cutting edge Nano-technologies and far-infrared heating elements to produce professional, salon quality results in a fraction of the time compared to other products.
Elite Beauty travels constantly across Canada to attend various demonstrations, exhibition and vendor expo shows in order to present, promote and sell our products. At this point, we are currently looking for an experienced, energetic, talented and detail-oriented Retail Space Planning Consultant to join our team.
Whether the space is as big as our store in Thornhill or as small as a mall kiosk, the successful candidate will be working closely with our management team to ensure that we bring our products closer to all Canadians.
The duties will be as follows:
• Obtaining and maintaining knowledge of current trends in retail space decorations as well as the product itself,
• Working in constrained, tight or narrow retail space assigned by the hosts, organizers or event vendors;
• Creating eye-catching and trendy décor that reflect the products’ innovation and highlights its appeal to various customer tastes;
• Combining different design styles – modern, chic, eclectic, transitional and contemporary – in order to address the objective of the event/venue/location as well as highlighting the features of the product; ,
• Using retail space design that capitalizes on the customer’s positive experiences while complying also upholding all building, zoning, fire and accessibility codes and procedures;
• Creating and staging the allotted space to emphasize demonstration and sample areas;
• Estimating costs and materials required for planning and staging and advise on alternatives, if necessary;
• Designing the staging procedures from planning to execution (including picking the right equipment, back drop, and artwork).
• Ability to developing design plans, decorations, and detailed drawings,
• Providing professional advice on colour selection, finishes and materials, lighting, and other items, taking into account pricing and work placements,
• Working with ideas, photos and proto type models showing arrangement of walls, screens, demonstrations, lighting and other fixtures and being able to successfully materialize them in the allotted retail space.
• Completion of Secondary Diploma is required,
• At least 2 year of experience working in similar field is a must (example: retail/office space design/planning, product staging, home staging, etc.) – portfolio showing previous decorative projects will be a plus,
• Good English is a must. Communication with some of our clientele is very important,
• Proficiency with MAC, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Photoshop programs such as GIMP is a plus.
Conditions of employment:
• This is a permanent full-time position.
• Wage offered: $25 per hour.
• 30-35 hours per week, depending on number of staging projects.
• Shifts will vary between 6-10 hours per day. You may be asked to work between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, weekdays and/or weekends.
If you think you are up for the challenge, please submit your resume by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Our office is located at 110 Promenade Circle, #1405, Thornhill, ON, Canada, L4J 7W8, however, you will be expected to travel within GTA as well as Canada to perform services.
Please do not call the office directly as you will be directed to send your resume to the email address provided above.