Purchasing manager /NOC code 0113
|Highest Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Years Experience||1+ to 2 Years|
Alma Bridal is seeking a purchasing manager to conduct all the duties to the position. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team.
Job title: Purchasing Manager
Location: 526 W Pender St. Vancouver, BC, V6B 1V3
Number of vacancies: 1
Shift: Regular Day Shifts
Hourly rate: $ 44 CAD
Main Duties for purchasing Manager
• Suggest improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business.
• Cooperate with inventory control and sales to improve metrics for gauging inventory level needs and then maintaining those levels throughout the year.
• Take the lead in creating profitable ways to manage obsolete and slow-moving stock to help offset losses.
• Manage the company’s day-to-day purchasing activities and ensure that all purchasing agents are meeting their personal performance standards.
• Assist in developing more effective invoicing and collecting processes.
• Crafting negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms.
• Developing, leading and executing purchasing strategies.
• Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
• Promote a customer-focused and service-oriented approach in providing services to external and internal customers.
• Facilitate the creation and development of competitive processes and third party provider/supplier contract agreements and manage processes and communication involving agreements with service providers and suppliers.
• Represent company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
Qualifications & skills:
• A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics.
• Previous experience(1-2 years)
• Professionalism is good asset
• Good interpersonal and communication skills