QlikTech is a leader in data discovery delivering intuitive solutions for self-service data visualization and guided analytics. The company is known for providing business intelligence and visualization software including QlikView™ and Qlik Sense™. Our Canadian headquarters are located in Ottawa, Ontario (390 March Road, Suite 100, Ottawa, Ontario, K2K 0G7).
Qlik is currently looking for an experienced Security Expert to join our team in Canada. You will be working at our Ottawa office, located at 390 March Road, Suite 100, Ottawa, Ontario, K2K 0G7.
This is a permanent, full-time position, based on 40 hours per week. Standard hours of work are Monday to Friday, 9:00 am until 5:00 pm. Further information respecting the position can be found below.
You will be responsible for working as part of the cybersecurity team to address security risks and conduct a variety of security vulnerability tests. This is to ensure Qlik software products, data centres, and other computerized systems maintain their specified functionality, confidentiality, and integrity and avoid security threats at all times. Duties will include the following:
• Creating, executing, and documenting cybersecurity and penetration tests that align with industry best practices, using both manual methods and automated tools;
• Delivering status updates of security testing to development managers and Qlik executives;
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of how industry security updates and best practices affect Qlik products, and advocating best security practices and protocols to development teams;
• Assisting internal stakeholders in the design, development, and testing of software features to ensure that the most appropriate security decisions are being made;
• Creating cybersecurity threat models against proposed features, and suggesting defensive countermeasures;
• Working with customers to reproduce their reported security vulnerabilities with Qlik products, and work with their R&D teams to develop fixes;
• Verifying the output of internal automated vulnerability assessment tools and scanners to identify false-positive findings; and
• Responding to zero-day threats and working with developers to implement mitigations.
We are looking for candidates who can meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in cybersecurity;
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working with the Open Web Application Security Project (“OWASP”) testing guide;
• Minimum of 5 years of experience responding to zero-day threats and working with developers to implement mitigations;
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working with cloud technologies including AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud;
• Minimum of 1 year of work experience creating penetration tests and reports;
• Familiarization with compliance and security standards and regulations, such as PCI, FIPS 140-2, SOC 2, and ISO 27001 considered an asset;
• Experience with subverting security information and event management (“SIEM”) systems, creating “Red Team” attack scenarios, and gathering intelligence about new threats from the darkweb are all considered assets;
• Previous experience working with Qlik is considered and asset; and
• Fluent in English.
We offer a competitive compensation package, which includes the following:
• Salary: $120,000 per annum, based on a 40-hour work week (subject to incremental raises)
• 15 days of paid vacation per year
• Extended medical, dental, and disability insurance
• Optional life insurance
• RRSP matching