Freight Forwarding Technician
SPARX Logistics Canada provides global logistics with cutting edge systems and superior service to its network of customers. SPARX Logistics’ vast resources including cargo management, transportation, warehousing and consolidation create comprehensive logistics solutions for every industry. With our operating offices and facilities in major hubs throughout Asia, Latin America, and Europe, we are dedicated to bringing the best combination of services and resources to ensure success at every stage.
Our people are the core of who we are. At SPARX Logistics, we are committed to maintaining a talented and multi-cultural team of professionals. At this time, we are looking to hire a professional Freight Forwarding Technician for a full-time, permanent position, who will coordinate, control and supervise procedures related to freight traffic and transportation of goods.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set policies for the day-to-day operations, including determination of safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods, as well as ensure compliance with transport regulations;
• Plan, manage and adjust the daily workload and staffing to minimize the unplanned overtime;
• Monitor the company’s freight traffic operations to ensure timely goods transportation and customers’ satisfaction;
• Coordinate transportation procedures for oversized cargo;
• Continuously monitor the performance and activities of the shift operations, including any acquisitions;
• Resolve any shift discrepancies and staff disputes;
• Prepare and submit daily and monthly reports to senior management;
• Hire, monitor and guide apprentices and new staff members;
• Prepare reports for senior management and plan for changes of schedules and policies;
• Prepare weekly progress reports and review them with workers on regular basis;
• Oversee shipping documentation, scheduling and dispatching of goods and the tracking and tracing of goods in transit;
• Establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service.
• Completion of secondary school diploma
• College diploma or a bachelor’s degree in a related field is an asset
• At least 2 years of hands-on experience in a similar position in logistics/ transportation industry
• Profound knowledge and understanding of international transportation and logistics operations
• Previous experience and knowledge of customs clearance operations would be considered a great asset
• Proficiency in English
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Ability to excel working in a fast-paced environment
Compensation and Conditions:
• Permanent, full-time position
• $25.00 per hour based on 40-hours work week,
• Overtime pay of $37.50 will apply after 44 hours of work per week,
• Disability, Dental, Medical benefits, Pension Plan, WSIB
• Location of work: 10 Planchet Rd., Unit #16, Concord, Ontario L4K 2C8
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this vacancy, please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
We thank all the candidates for their interest, however, only those who qualify will be contacted for further consideration.