Long Haul Truck Driver
Permanent Position: Long Haul Truck Driver (NOC #7511)
Company: Outstanding Logistics
Location: Unit 65, 8655 159 Street, Surrey, BC, V4N 1M8
Wage Rate: $25.50/hour for 40-60 hours/week
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent
Education: High School
Experience: No experience is required
Credentials: Driver's License (Class 1 or A), Air Brakes Endorsement
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
• Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
• Drive lighter, special purpose trucks.
• Load and unload goods.
• Transport and handle dangerous goods.
• Perform brake adjustments.
• Perform emergency roadside repairs.
• Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle.
• Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
• Receive and relay information to central dispatch.
• Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
• Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo.
Other Information: Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada. Position is available and open to Aboriginal youth, Visible Minorities, Indigenous People and New Immigrants.
Security and Safety: Valid passport, Drug Test, Driving Record check (abstract).
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border, Willing to travel for extended periods, Willing to travel internationally, Drive manual transmission vehicle, Valid driver's licence, Willing to travel overnight.
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, in-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports, Accident or incident reports.
Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Organized, Flexibility.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to Detail, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Sitting, Overtime Required.
Work Location Information: Various locations.
Communication Systems Experience: Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment.
Transportation/Travel Experience: National, Regional, Long-haul, International.
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles), Tractor-trailer.
How to Apply:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org