Truck Driver (short haul)
VNV Logistics Express Ltd. is a licensed and bonded freight shipping and trucking company running freight hauling business from Etobicoke, Ontario. In operation since 1989, VNV Logistics Express Ltd provides transportation services between Canada and United States of America. We offer solutions and solve any issues that might arise before and during the transportation of any load. The key to our success is communication with our customers.
We are now looking for an experienced Truck Driver (short haul) for a full-time, temporary position to address the need of delivering different items across the country in a timely manner. We are looking for someone with years of experience in the same capacity who would be comfortable completing long tris on their own.
Please see specifications of the position below:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate truck on local and rational routes across Ontario and Canada;
• Conduct pre-trip, en route and post-trip truck and trailer inspections to ensure working condition of the vehicle, their systems and equipment, and prepare correspondent reports;
• Maintain driver’s daily log book by recording cargo information, fuel consumption as well as service hours and distance;
• Prepare relevant documentation, such as trip reports, bills of lading, etc. and report it to manager;
• Maintain the general appearance and housekeeping in the vehicle and dispose of waste in bins provided;
• Communicate with dispatcher, shippers and receivers on a daily basis to ensure smooth operation and timely delivery of goods;
• Complete all relevant pick-up and delivery procedures;
• Prepare the load for delivery and check content for accuracy and secure the load;
• Check equipment to ensure all safety requirements are met including secure loading and all other needs for the safe delivery of goods;
• Comply with all company standards and policies when delivering products to customers;
• Comply with rules and regulation of Ministry of Transportation by adhering to all safety requirements.
• High school diploma is required,
• Post-secondary education would be an asset, but is not required,
• 3+ years of work experience in the capacity of truck driver,
• Valid A-Z driving license is required,
• Clean driving record and police certificate is a must,
• Knowledge and understanding of transportation and logistics operations,
• Experience with transportation of various products,
• Operating knowledge of GPS and other navigation tools,
• Willingness to continuously travel,
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude to work.
COMPENSATION & CONDITIONS:
• Temporary, full-time position,
• 40-hour work week,
• $20.00 per hour with applicable overtime pay after 44 hours of work per week,
• WSIB coverage will be provided
• Work location: 30 Newbridge Road, Etobicoke, ON M8Z 2L7
• You will be expected to travel continuously
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply only if you meet the job requirements as only those who qualify will be contacted by the employer. Please ensure to bring all relevant references if selected for an interview. You can also apply by email at VNVlogistics30@yahoo.com, but do not contact the employer directly. In the subject line include “APPLICATION: Truck Driver (short haul)”.