Long Haul Transport Truck driver
Employer: Jagbir Transport Inc.
Address: 6780 Pacific Circle, Mississauga, ON
Number of Positions: four (4)
Salary: $24.50 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Language of Work: English
Benefits Offered: Health benefits offered. No dental benefits.
• Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailor, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances
• Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
• Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
• Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
• Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
• Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
• Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
• May perform emergency roadside repairs
• May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
• May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
• Completion of Secondary School
• Completion of an accredited driver training course of up to three months duration, through a vocational school or community college, may be required.
• A Class 3 or D licence is required to drive straight-body trucks.
• A Class 1 or A licence is required to drive long combination vehicles.
If you have the above requirements and experience, please send us your resume and we will contact you. You may contact us via email at: JagbirTransport@gmail.com.