Full time, permanent, 6-days a week, steady days, afternoon shift or midnight shift, and potentially extended hours depending on workload and priorities; which could include possible Sunday shifts (unless stipulated otherwise in offer of employment).
$15.83 hourly, no overtime.
The following are general guidelines designed to provide a fundamental understanding of responsibilities and how to fulfill them. Orientation and training will be provided.
• Grade, sort and package produce (cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and eggplant) per customer specifications.
• Assemble, line and pad cartons and containers per customer specifications.
• Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are meet.
• Place products or materials into containers, using hand tools and equipment, as required.
• Load and remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified
• Operate and maintain farm equipment and machinery
• Seal containers or bags.
• Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
• Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
• Report to work on time and as scheduled
• Tag the output and clean up the paperwork properly.
• Take right sticker and label verify label sheet from label room.
• Ensure all information is complete and accurate.
• To meet and exceed all work standards based on policies, practices and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Understand and follow information and instruction presented through spoken words and sentences by line leader, supervisor or manager.
• Work in various positions at the required speed of service and with the desired sense of urgency.
• Communicate any issues or concerns to the line leader, supervisor or manager.
• No experience or education required
• Must be able to stand for extended periods.
• Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
• Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy material (i.e. up to 23 kg / 50 lbs.)
• Able to climb stairs and stand on feet for an extended period.
• Work in a changing temperature environment Hand-eye co-ordination
• Ability to distinguish between colours
• Work under pressure (Fast-paced environment)
• Repetitive tasks
Job Requirements: The incumbent will be committed to customer service excellence and leading by example. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food and health safety policies and procedures.
Note: this description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined and other duties may be assigned.